Monday, June 18, 2007

3 design ideas for yardage assignment

OK, so I completed the story board for each of my ideas. The fabric I will be printing on is a tan coloured linen, as well as a tan coloured cotton. Here they are:

#1. The inspiration for this idea came from Gustav's "the kiss". It's my interpretation of a small portion of the pattern on the woman's dress. I would print this on the tan linen using the hot pink colour you see in the pictures.





#2. The inspiration for this idea came from, well... my own sketches. I use this image (the three flowers) for greeting cards. I would print this in the avocado green you see pictured here.





#3. The inspiration for the last design idea came from one of the exhibitions at the Portland Art Gallery during my April visit out west (Oregon). I can't really remember what piece it came from but it was my interpretation of something that was carved into wood. I would print this using red, again on the tan linen.









Well, I only have time to print just one of the patterns above. I think I may go with the first one but who knows...we'll see when I get to class. That's just the type of girl I am.

*smooches*

8 comments:

Ali J said...

I love these designs, I can't wait to see a finished product. Lovely!

Jenn Maruska said...

I like the second one - very nice!

: )

Lydia said...

I really like the tulips! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Anonymous said...

I love the second design the most!

The first reminds me of cells. You know--those diagrams of the different parts of the cell.

Very nice!!

The Bookish Life said...

very cool! i love that hot pink.

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

Your designs are so funky and fun! It will be cool to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

i love your little "book" where you keep your ideas together! it's always nice to see the progression of an idea from start to finish!!!! thanks for sharing your blog!

Sing Yee said...

Wow! Lovely! I wish I can make prints on fabric too. :)